A happy family tree is completed with loving parents & kids

Monday, June 05, 2006
Where's the childhood?
I saw this programme yesterday night at Channel 8 by chance, showing a kindergarten age boy of his so called "talents" and "intelligent". This boy is about 5 or 6, his knowledge, IQ and EQ is much higher than kids of his age. I dunno if this is a happy or sad thingy.
To the parents of this boy, he is a very clever boy. He asks lots of qns and knows lots of things. In the eyes of adults, he has knew things over his age. He is like a little "genis". He can speaks 1 to 10 using different languages, eg. Malay, Tamil, Japanese etc.
Is this the so called Kiasu-ness in Singapore Parents? I saw the Mother of this boy, teaching him many stuff. His room was fulled of posters, flash card, books etc. Posters, bought or self-made, were pasted over the 4 walls of his room. It doesn't look like a kid's room. In fact, it looks messy to me. How can a kid sleep in such a room???
I feel so sad and pity for this boy. In the eyes of his parents, he is a genis. But to me, he is a poor pity boy, who has lost all his babyhood and childhood. There is only study study study in his 5, 6 years of life. I think he doesn't know what's happiness is to be. Poor thing.
Precious you
6:03 PM |
=-+-=