Is it? Ppl usually die either of misfortune or illness.
Grandma aka Ah Ma, which I used to call since young. She got breast cancer and was admitted to hospital for an op to remove one of the breasts. If the maid didn't tell Gu Gu that she needed to go buy plasters, I thinked the whole family still didn't know about Ah Ma's cancer. Gu Gu got a shock when she saw the wound.
Mummy asked Ah Ma how long the wounds have been there, she replied, "8 years". We were wondering if Ah Ma still knows what she is saying or thinking now. How can she tahan the pain for 8 years? Wah liew, really can man! It is so painful and she din complain a single word about it!
Anyway, yesterday went down to hospital to visit Ah Ma. She's getting old and couldn't recognise me. Until Mummy told her I came to visit her. I think Ah Ma is more concern with my pregnancy to give birth to a baby boy, rather than I go and visit her! All she knows is boy boy boy... PUI... Her thinking is still boy is more precious than gal. I heck care her, cos is my child, not hers. [It reminds me that time when Jolene was one month old, I brought her to visit Ah Ma after shaving her hair. I think Ah Ma purposely one, cos we have been telling her is gal since I was preggie that time, she looked at Jolene and said is boy ah? Mummy very loud told her, "is gal".] I can't make ppl to think the same way as me. Anyway, WK and I are the parents. We are the one looking after, paying for the education fees etc. Who cares?
Ah Ma's thinking really got to change... Even Ah Gong aka Grandpa didn't have such thinking when he was alive. I really appreciate, though I din tell Ah Gong personally... Thanks for his doting and caring for Jolene. I know Ah Gong dotes Jolene very much. Jolene is his little precious. I can't imagine a 93 years old old man, no matter rain or shine, would go to Mummy's place to visit Jolene at 2pm every afternoon. Mummy told me Ah Gong even went over to her place on Sat, though she told him repeatly that Jolene will goes home on Fri evening. I think this is what we known as "子孫情".
Anyway, back to yesterday visit at hospital. The maid, Lei Lei, looked so tired. And I really salute her. She has the strength to carry Ah Ma from the bed to the sofa chair for dinner. We thought she got help from nurse, and was surprised she was the only one! She's so small build and yet has so much strength! Lei Lei is really a nice maid. Whoever employs her, is their fortune. Unlike the previous maid, so lazy. She will helps to massage Ah Ma's hands and legs whenever she's free. Get chairs for visitors and even helps other patients who need help. I can see she is very tired but she is very happy. This is what I called "happiness". She must be very hungry yesterday. Wondering if she had her lunch or not. Bro brought Jolene to buy some hotdog puff and milk for her. We told her to eat and she still wanna share with us. Mummy told me Lei Lei must be very hungry, if not, usually she will says, "wait, wait, later then eat", but yesterday she ate once we told her to eat. Lei Lei was so happy when Jolene passed her the packet of milk. I saw her smile, it was so happy. No wonder Jolene loves to play with her.