A happy family tree is completed with loving parents & kids

Thursday, March 16, 2006
Post Entry on last Fri's checkup
Heartburn attacked me since last week. I felt weak and uncomfortable after 3pm everyday. Last weekend was even worse. Poor WK had to look after Jolene alone.
Update on my last checkup on 10 Mar PM. BB is measured at 1.32cm, and Dr Ang showed WK and me the BB heartbeat. I saw it flicky in Dr Ang's monitor. EDD reflected as 23 Oct 2006 but Dr Ang said it wasn't accurate. Based on my LMP, the EDD should be 15 or 16 Oct 2006. Hmm.... as usual, Dr Ang said I came with empty bladder. Err... I tried to, but I couldn't hold too much urine now leh.
Was told there is a new test known as OSCAR NT Scan. It is a blood test for testing on down synodrome. It is about 80 to 90% accurate and cost about $200+. Dr Ang said he will tell me more details on this OSCAR test during my next visit. This test needs to be carried out between Week 11 to 14. I'm considering.... Dr Ang commented I'm still young, hence this test is optional for me. I knew WK hopes that I take up this test. But frankly speaking... what if the test result is no good, what to do? That means we have to worry unneccessary for the next few mths till BB is born. For sure, I won't do the triple test which is only 60% accurate. I skipped all the tests when I carried Jolene. I remembered the detailed scan at 5th mths showed that Jolene's kidneys didn't look good. And it was a sympton of down synodrome. Somehow, it didn't affect WK and my mood. Maybe we are more open minded. What is ours is ours.
Jolene was born with her right foot bent at 90 degree. I was so sad when I saw her foot. Why a BB had to suffer this??? Lucky after examining, Doctors said it could be cured. Since then, we have been massaging her foot to make it "back to normal shape". Frankly speaking, I was worried... what if her foot don't get well? How is she going to walk? Lucky, god has been kind to us. Our everyday effort was paid off. Jolene's foot got well each month. By 6 mths old, Doctors declared her foot is normal. And now, Jolene is walking well. I never took a pic of her foot. Cos I dun want to see the pic and reminded me of that, and also not let Jolene saw that when she grew up.
Thank god for giving us a healthy and cheerful gal. Pls bless us with another healthy BB.
Precious you
9:26 AM |
=-+-=