Phew, saw my last posting was on 16 Feb. It has been a mth+ since my last post. I've been so busy with work and family life. Having a No. 2 means no more time for internet. I must admit, I'm lazy with blogging now. I rather use the time for blogging to sleep. Expressing milk has taken quite a no. of hrs from me daily, so I must let go of some other activities to compensate.
Let me see... for the past mth, what have I done? I weaned off Jo from her pacifier. I must say, she was quite fast in weaning. One fine day, I decided it was enough and I stopped giving her pacifier during her daytime nap and it worked. So, I told everyone to stop giving. But nite time was a failure. Jo would screamed and cried and woke Jas up from her sleep. I had no choice but to continue giving to her for her nite sleep. Then one day, WK did an action. He "threw" the pacifier out from the car window and that's it. Whenever I asked Jo, "Where's your pacifier?" She would replied me, "Daddy threw". So I tried to stop giving her in the nite and it worked. That was like few days after her 2nd birthday. I was so glad.
Jo had complete her 1 term of gym class. WK and I felt it's enough for the time being. We wanna spend more time with Jas as well. I need to take back my words. I used to think gym class is a totally "a no use class". But Jo has learnt so much during her gym class. Her motor skills improved a lot. Some stunts which I never tot she can do, she did them.
Jas on the other hand, has the weight of 8.4kg since the last time I brought her for her jab on 9 Mar. My powerful breastmilk has made her a strong bb. Dr. Tan kept stressing to me to change her FM to NAN instead, cos NAN taste is more towards breastmilk since I'm giving 20% FM. Well, I decided to change after she finishes her last tin of Similac. Will passed my Similac Follow On to Selina since her boy is taking.
On the other hand, I can't believe myself. I've been giving breastmilk to Jas for almost 6 mths (soon... in another 1 week+). I never tot of such long period. WK told me to breastfeed till I returned to work in end Dec 06, but then, my MS increased that period and I felt heartpain to let go. So, I continue till now. I'm so proud of myself. Credit must go to my breastfeeding mummies at work. We keep encouraging each other to continue pumping. Thanks to our organisation too, to set up a nursing room for us, mummies. Imagining last time we need to pump in toilets?
Recently, I told WK, my greatest achievement in my whole life was:
1) To marry him. Yes, WK is a great hubby and daddy. I doubt no one can tahan my temper except him. He owes me in our previous life, I always say...
2) To give birth to our dearest gals, Jo and Jas w/o epidural. Who dares to tell me die die must take epidural?? My greatest achievement was giving birth to Jas, normal delivery w/o epidural. I did it all with my faith. Thanks to Dr. Lawrence Ang, who kept encouraging me that I could do it.
3) To breastfeed Jas till now. I dunno when I'm going to stop giving breastmilk to Jas. But since I'm marking the 6 mths road, I shall try to continue. My goal is 6 mths, which I will be achieving in another 1 week time. My next goal is 9 mths? Or 1 year? It is such a waste to let go now, expressing milk has become part of my life now. Though my MS like stock market, sometimes high, sometimes low.
Sometimes I told WK, I felt so sorry for Jo. If I didn't have a complications after delivered her, I would have succeed in breastfeeding her. Jo didn't have much breastmilk due to my complications then. But I'm glad I still managed to give her for a few days. Better than nothing right? A few mummies asked me, why am I so determined to give breastmilk to Jas, but not to Jo. It's not I biased ok. Just that during Jo's time, I'm not in a good condition to give. Maybe thats why, I'm trying to make up to Jas to make myself feel more comfortable??
WK always told me, "Is Jo dun have the fu qi to take breastmilk. Anyway during that period, giving her breastmilk may harm her more, cos my condition didn't allow me to do so." I should be glad that I'm alive and able to give birth to another baby. WK ever told me once, when I was in operating theatre, his mind was wondering about. What's going to happen to me, what's he going to do if the doctors couldn't save me? How about our newborn Jo? Perhaps god heard him and decided to let me return to him. I've been notti, this was perhaps a punishment from God to me. I never forget what happened that day... Well, this is life.